- and protect your personal information as you interact with us online and through our customer and technical support services.
By using our web site, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by SERFILCO consistent with applicable data protection law and this policy.
This policy explains:
- What information SERFILCO gathers from you.
- How SERFILCO uses the personal information you share with us and that we learn about you because of our relationship.
- How SERFILCO uses “cookies” and “IP Addresses”.
- What personal information, if any, SERFILCO may share about you and the conditions we use to protect your information if it must be shared.
- What kind of security measures SERFILCO takes to protect your information from accidental loss or disclosure and how SERFILCO will inform you in the event of a security breach.
- The circumstances under which you can you access personal information you share with SERFILCO and have that information corrected, restrict SERFILCO’s use of that information or, even have it removed from our records.
- Other things you should know about privacy and SERFILCO.
Collected Information & Usage
SERFILCO collects and uses information you provide to us including information obtained from your use of this web site. We are not in the business of selling information about you. SERFILCO does not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may use or share your personal information (e.g., name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction or do something that you have asked us to do.
- For example, we might need to provide your name, address, phone number or email to one of our vendors so that they can process and fulfill your product return or replacement.
- We might also refer your personal information to another manufacturer so that they can provide you with technical assistance you request for their product which you may be using in conjunction with one of our products
- SERFILCO employees, agents and service providers who need to access personal information you have provided to fulfill their responsibilities may do so consistent with SERFILCO policies that limit access to this type of information.
SERFILCO’s vendors and suppliers may process your personal data under the direction and control of SERFILCO. Whenever we may need to share your personal information, we try to provide you with the information you need to make informed reasonable choices and we manage your information consistent with applicable privacy law.
SERFILCO collects and uses personal information from you in several ways:
- Web Site Usage. SERFILCO, or SERFILCO vendors and suppliers, may observe your activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address and browser type) as well as pages you have viewed during your use of this web site. While we may collect or log this information, we do not identify you or match this non-personal information with your other personal information. We may use this collected or logged information to diagnose web site technical problems, or to facilitate your use of the site. SERFILCO, or one of our vendors or suppliers, also may use this information to track aggregate traffic patterns throughout this web site.
- Cookies. To the extent web site usage information is developed in connection with your IP address through session cookies, we will only use this information to facilitate your use of the SERFILCO Site. Cookies are data files that are written onto your computer by a web site. At the end of your visit, the session cookies are removed.
- Children. If under the relevant laws of the place where you are visiting this web site you are considered a minor (usually if you are under age 18), or otherwise would be required to have parent or guardian consent to share information with SERFILCO, you should not send any information about yourself to us. For example, if you are a resident of the United States of America you should not submit information to SERFILCO unless you are at least 13 years old. If a person under 13 submits information through any part of the SERFILCO Site, and we learn the person submitting the information is a child, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect any personal information from persons under 13, we do not use or disclose such information to third parties.
- Public Areas. Any information disclosed in public areas of the SERFILCO Site will become public information. We cannot control the use of information disclosed in public forums, such as bulletin boards, blogs and chat rooms. You should exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas and should refrain from disclosing your personal information. Content posted in public areas of the SERFILCO Site, including advice and opinions, represents the views and is the responsibility of those who post the content. SERFILCO does not necessarily endorse, support, verify or agree with the content posted.
- WHEN SERFILCO MAY SHARE COLLECTED INFORMATION As mentioned in the beginning of this policy, SERFILCO may share your personal information within the SERFILCO group to fulfill its obligations to you and operate its business consistent with this policy and applicable data protection law. SERFILCO may also share your personal information with third parties in the following situations.
- SERFILCO Vendors and Suppliers. SERFILCO works with vendors and suppliers to provide technical and customer support, shipping, credit card processing, product fulfillment or other services. SERFILCO requires these vendors and suppliers to safeguard personal information you provide to us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to SERFILCO; these third parties may have access to or process your personal information. SERFILCO limits their use of your personal information to the purpose for which it was shared. SERFILCO may sometimes permit our authorized service providers to have access to aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information. These transfers of aggregate statistics do not involve personal data.
- As Required by Law and Other Extraordinary Disclosures SERFILCO may be required to disclose your personal information: (i) if it believes it is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority, (ii) would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, (iii) is otherwise necessary to protect our rights or property, or (iv) is necessary to protect the legal rights or property of others.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use secure server software (SSL) and firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If SERFILCO learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this web site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this site. SERFILCO may post a notice on our web site if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the www.SERFILCO.com web site. SERFILCO may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify Service Filtration via email.
Changes to the Policy by SERFILCO
When you provide SERFILCO with personal information, if you allow us, we may communicate with you by the method you choose about topics of your choosing. SERFILCO seeks your consent to receive marketing communications from us when you provide your personal information.
Postal Mail Address:
Service Filtration Corp.
2900 MacArthur Blvd
Northbrook, IL 60062 USA